Thursday, January 29, 2009

We are Open!

I tried my hardest to be open on Tuesday. I was here at 10:30 and I shoveled the sidewalk in front of the store. I waited patiently behind the computer, phone beside me. But nobody came in. Nobody even called to check if we were open. When the mailman came to deliver the mail, he said, "Wow, I didn't think you'd be here! Everybody else is closed."



I stared out at the snow covered ground, and the sleet that was starting to fall (ah, the much talked about "wintry mix") and at a little after one in the afternoon, I went home.



If I was unsure if Tuesday was a snow day or not, Wednesday could not be denied. So we remained closed.



But now it's Thursday. The side roads are still pretty bad, everything is covered in ice, and between this and the hurricane last fall, I don't think we'll have any trees left come spring. But two days closed was enough. The novelty has worn off. We officially have cabin fever. So, here we are. Business as usual. Stitch and Bitch until 9 pm.



In other news, our Intro to Intarsia class begins Sunday, February 8, 6-8 pm. Tonya will show you how to read a colorwork chart (or design your own), use bobbins, and embellish your colorwork with duplicate stitch. Here is a picture of her tote bag still in process (it's a bird). The finished object should be displayed in the store by the SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SALE!!!

Did I mention that THE SUPER BOWL SUNDAY SALE IS THIS SUNDAY AND EVERYTHING IN THE STORE WILL BE 15% TO 75% OFF?!!

Sorry for yelling, I don't seem capable of talking about the sale in a normal voice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be there tonight at least for a bit. No power at the house since 2:45 yesterday morning. It was a cold night and my shower this morning was quite an experience. The crappy thing is I was home with strep / sinus infection all weekend and monday so I'm literally going nuts from being shut in. I did finally make it into work today though! Yay work! I can't believe I would ever say such a thing!

Steven