Friday, January 23, 2009

February Lady Class



Based on the Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern, the February Baby Sweater, from The Knitter's Almanac, Flint Knits has adapted this sweater for "a grown ass woman." (Wow, could I get any more links in that sentence? I was tempted to link "grown ass woman" to something hilarious, but I couldn't think of anything.)
The February Sweater Class is a six week class that will meet Friday, 6-8 pm, starting on February 13. Check The Knit Nook class schedule for more information.

While you can see almost 4,000 February Ladies on Ravelry and read over six hundred blog posts about it (this sweater is a phenomenon, people!), Becca was good enough to model the example we've got in the store.

Top down and a swing jacket construction makes this a very versatile sweater. Look, you can even be pregnant and wear it!



Becca enjoyed wearing this sweater so much, she kept it on well after I put the camera away. She even finished sewing up her first baby sweater, from The Knitter's Book of Yarn and knit out of Blue Sky Cotton while wearing the February Lady.

She did a superb job in her seaming, and it took almost no time. I suspect that while wearing a February Lady sweater, knitters of all skill levels suddenly become excellent finishers. I have heard that while wearing a February Lady Sweater, knitters are known to knit so perfectly that they never need to knit gauge swatches and they never drop stitches or make any mistakes. True, the magical properties of the February Lady are still unproven.

But if I were, I'd make one just in case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start my February Lady. And for something completely unrelated, but really cool, check out this link:
http://upperplayground.com/wordpress/2009/01/knitta-por-favor/
Margaret

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the class either, Margaret!

-Tonya