Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Colourscape!

Even with all the craziness of the holidays, I managed to finish a sweater. From casting on to seaming, the whole thing took me a week. Now before you try to throttle me with your own unfinished projects, let me just tell you that US 10. 5 needles and a beautiful variegated yarn go a long way. It's the new Kaffe Fassett yarn from Rowan, Colourscape Chunky.

Check out these colors--er, I mean colours! (I love blogging with a British accent. It's brilliant!)

It's delicious enough to eat. Maybe that's why I chose to knit the sweater out of Candy Pink.


The pattern is from the new Colourscape book. I made the smallest size and it only took three hanks. The sweater was knit in two pieces. The bottom was knit bottom to top and the sleeves and top were knitted side to side. Notice how it stripes differently. The great thing about the patterns in this book is that they take advantage of the colo(u)r changes in this yarn. I loved working with it so much, I'm already fantasizing about my next project. I think there might be an entrelac scarf in my future!

No comments: