Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Another holiday season has come and gone, and another year is here! I don't know about you, but after all that Christmas knitting, I seem to have more knitting to do for others, what with birthdays and babies (Oh, Tonya's baby shower has been postponed for Saturday, January 16 at 3 pm, so you've got more time to get knitting. But I can't push it back any more. The girl's about to pop!)

One of the best projects I saw all December was this amazing hat by Heather. Yep, that's R2D2 and light sabers and the May the Force Be With You stamped across the brim in crystal clear fair isle. Oh, and did I mention that it was reversible?

With Storm Troopers and the Star Wars logo on the other side! It was made out of Dale of Norway Baby Ull and the pattern was of her own design. (But here's hoping she decides to put it all down on paper!) I have shown pictures of this hat to everyone and knitters and muggles alike were thoroughly impressed. Great job, Heather! This is knitting that is sure to crack that boyfriend curse wide open!

The last class of the Fall 2009 season is starting this Friday: Fair Isle knitting. So if you want to learn to be a great knitter like Heather, call and sign up!


The Spring and Summer 2010 schedule will be posted by the end of the month. You know...by THE SUPERBOWL SUNDAY SALE!

2 comments:

Wolfgang said...

OMG that hat is awesome! I admired it at first, but the reversible part really got me. Heather, you've gotta put that on paper!!

The Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

Okay, so I am dragging out my old Star Wars movies ... they are on tape! AGHHHH!

I heard about this hat but was not prepared for how wonderfully it turned out. I would love to have the pattern! You do excellent work!

The Mayor