Friday, November 13, 2009

Yarn Amnesty Day

If you've been to the Knit Nook lately, you'll notice that there's a lot of yarn. I know that's kind of like saying, "Hey, look at this water. It's really wet!" (I mean, we are a yarn store: who else would have a lot of yarn?) But seriously. Even by our standards, there's a lot of yarn around.

Particularly in the office. Now whenever you, our loyal and lovely customer, comes into the shop and wonders if you need five skeins or six for the vest you are knitting, I will usually offer to put a skein in the back for you (because I am JUST that helpful!) So, in the back that skein goes. Now multiply that scenario by five hundred and you can see just how crowded the office is getting. Even I've thought about cleaning it (and if you ask Cindy, that means the situation is dire!)

To combat this problem, we've declared November 23 Yarn Amnesty Day. That's when all of the yarn imprisoned without charge or representation will be freed. So, if you have yarn in the back that you would like us to hold for you beyond November 23, please call and claim your skeins. Otherwise, back into the wide world it goes! (Or, back on the shelves in the tiny yarn store.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm back from my vacation and you're telling me that the office isn't clean? Maybe I'll take another week off. Now I'm going to bed.

Cindy

The Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

I am not touching the Amnesty post with a ten foot pole ... no way, no how! No comment on the office either. Not from me, no sireeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Ah come on Mayor, we want to hear what your comments are. We love it when things get exciting.

The Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

Dear CHICKEN Anonymous,

Unmask yourself with a name at the end of your post (perhaps I will whisper my comments in your ear!)

I will say that I heard a gasp when a certain someone went into the office yesterday ... I will not say if it involved the mounds of yarn. No siree, I will not!

The Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

Dear Knit Nook Owners,

Carla claims to believe that she has 3 skeins of yarn in the back that she looked for but could not find (because of the massive piles of yarn).

If they do surface, please hold.

Thank you,

The Mayor (and Carla's Yarn representatvie)

Anonymous said...

I believe Carla's yarn is in a small paper bag with "Carla" on it. Look on the floor. I saw it on Saturday.

Cindy

the Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

So now with Thanksgiving rapidly approaching and Yarn Amnesty Day in the past I will make a comment.

I did not have the nerve to peak behind the curtain today and in fact, I am not sure if the office is still there.

And now you have The End of The Story.

Anonymous said...

Yes the office is there, although I often wish it wasn't. I guess the office disaster is the Neverending Story (my kids really loved that movie)!

Cindy