Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finished Object

Oh, this old thing? It was just something I whipped up when I didn't know what else to knit!


This is the Benbecula Sweater (which I always pronounce as "Bunnicula" in my head) from the newest Rowan Magazine (46), knit out of Rowan Felted Tweed Aran in color 729 (soot). I made a size medium, but I think I only needed 12 balls.
It's not blocked yet, so it's kind of wonky in the front (an aside: why do knitters always have to point out the flaws of their knitting?!), but I'm sure it will be beautiful when I finally get around to it! I know, it's been finished for a while, but in my defense, I knitted this sweater in less than a month, so I'm kind of owed some knitting time on the back end, and the 80 degree weather does not encourage sweater making!
I really recommend the Felted Tweed Aran. Although it's very different from the Scottish Tweed (and not really an appropriate substitute if you ask me), it's a softer tweed than most, but still sturdy enough to make a good solid sweater. And it has wonderful stitch definition as demonstrated by the thirty million cables on this sweater.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Next time I see you in the store, i want to see what this look like on you! It certainly is an intriguing shape.

The Mayor of the Knit Nook said...

IF we could only have some cool weather then maybe Kristin could wear her beautiful sweaters!

This cardigan looks great on Kristin (at least it did for the ten seconds she had it on before she was forced to take it off or pass out from overheating).

Margaret said...

Wow. That is one beautiful sweater!