Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Empire Waist Cardigan

Yep, it's another FO!




This is the Empire Waist Cardigan by Pam Allen from the Classic Elite book New Harbor. I had looked through this book many times. I love Pam Allen (she's so sensible!) and also all of the models are standing next to the ocean while wearing their hand knit sweaters, and sometimes they are even walking in the ocean with rubber galoshes. For some reason, whenever I am looking for a knitting pattern, this is a prerequisite for me. Also, if there are any dogs or puppies involved. That usually convinces me to make the sweater, too. (As you can see, I am not nearly as sensible as Pam!)


But as I was saying, I looked through this book a lot, but I never ever noticed this sweater. Maybe it was the yarn choice (brindled light blue cotton). More likely it was that this model was just standing against a building and not next to the ocean at all. But for whatever reason, this sweater didn't even register. Until I saw it on A Friend to Knit With and I saw what a wearable, wonderful sweater this really is (and yes, in her pictures, she was standing next to the ocean--it never hurts. Me, I have no ocean. So I model with dogs. It's a close second.)


Stats:

Pattern: Provence Marl Empire Waist Cardigan by Pam Allen

Source: Classic Elite booklet #9098, New Harbor

Yarn: RYC Silk Wool DK, approximately 13 skeins

Needles: US 5, 6, and 7
And by the way, the little beagle in the pictures is our new dog, Desmond! We adopted him last week. The St. Tropez sweater worked!

No comments: